INTERPOL World 2017 Media Registration
- Media registration for INTERPOL World 2017 is strictly reserved for editorial staff representing genuine media organizations.
- All applications for media registration are subjected to the approval of the Organizer/Event Manager. Please give us 5 working days to process your application. Upon successful registration, you will receive an email confirmation from us.
- Accredited Media are able to access Congress sessions, lunches, coffee breaks, free networking sessions and the Exhibition, with the exception of closed-door events.
- Accredited Media will have access to the Media Center at INTERPOL World 2017.
- The Media Badge is non-transferable. Please note that your photo identity may be checked at the event.
- For further enquiries regarding the event or media accreditation, please contact Ms Shuchi JOSEPH of Ying Communications at INTERPOLWorld@yingcomms.com or +65 3157 5626.
Media badges are provided complimentary to the following:
- Persons in possession of identification papers/cards from recognized local and foreign print/broadcast/online organizations.
- Radio and TV journalists, photographers, cameramen and production firms who can present a business card from a radio or TV company.
- Journalists representing Internet publications that belong to press syndicates or publishing houses and whose online publications are established information channels for a community serviced by the Event in question.
- Freelance reporters, editors and photographers who submit a letter of assignment (on a company letterhead) from a bona fide publisher/editor/producer that states you are covering the congress and exhibition for their organizations.
MEDIA ACCREDITATION GUIDELINES FOR INTERPOL WORLD 2017
1.1 Media Accreditation Guidelines for INTERPOL World 2017
The media accreditation principles below are intended to give the media as much access as possible while ensuring the safety, security and comfort of all participants of INTERPOL World 2017.
Online media accreditation will close on 30 June 2017. All media accreditation applications will be subject to the approval by Organizer/Event Manager.
1.2 Accreditation Principles
Editors of publications and media agencies are requested to take note of the following principles to ensure that media accreditation is restricted to professional journalists and photographers:
i. The Organizer/Event Manager considers the Media Pass to be a working tool to be used only by bona fide members of the press. Marketing and sales personnel, sub-editors, staff of the publication’s secretariat, etc. cannot be accredited as media.
ii. The Organizer/Event Manager will only accredit publications and agencies:
With a circulation size and quality that fulfil the criteria of the Organizer/Event Manager
With a format and quality that fulfil the criteria of the Organizer/Event Manager
iii. Internal company publications cannot be accredited as media. However, at the sole discretion of the Organizer/Event Manager, and where the quality and circulation criteria justify the Organizer/Event Manager’s consideration, such publications may be eligible for accreditation on a case by case basis.
iv. Under no circumstance will advertising and public relations agencies (or similar companies and organizations) be accredited as media, nor will the Organizer/Event Manager issue any media accreditation to representatives (press officers or otherwise) of sponsors, suppliers and exhibitors.
v. It should be noted that no double accreditation is allowed (e.g. as media and as delegate).
1. Criteria for Accreditation
i. Accreditation will only be granted upon presentation of valid press credentials including:
Completed online accreditation application form and approval email confirmation.
Photocopy or a scanned copy of the MCI Press Accreditation Card (for Singapore-based media) OR official national press card(s) of the representative who will be covering INTERPOL World 2017 OR letter of assignment on the official letterhead of a media organization signed by the Publisher, Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief, specifying the name and functional title of the journalist, and stating their role at INTERPOL World 2017.
Information on the media outlet (such as website, circulation, readership/viewership, frequency, etc.) (only to be supplied on request)
An original copy of the publication (only to be supplied on request)
In addition, publications in languages other than English must supply a certified English translation of the publications’ credits page.
ii. Freelance journalists/photographers must provide clear credentials that they are on assignment from a specific news organization/publication. A valid assignment letter from that news organization/publication is required. Submissions by freelance online journalists will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
iii. Online media (including websites, photography sites and online forum pages) must meet the following requirements, in addition to those above:
The web publication must belong to a registered company, such as a media organization, and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and telephone number.
The online journal requesting accreditation for its correspondent(s) must have a substantial amount of original and topical news content or commentary or analysis on international issues.
If the website is new, the applicant seeking accreditation must provide the latest data on the site's visitorship or other relevant material (press citations, etc.) about the outlet's audience. The applicant must have an established record of having written extensively on international issues and must present copies of three recently published articles, not more than six months old, with his/her byline.
Please note that online publications that are intended for the communications outreach or advocacy of non-governmental or non-profit organizations do not qualify for media accreditation.
iv. All applications must be received via the INTERPOL World 2017 online accreditation portal before 30 June 2017. Late applications will not be entertained. The Organizer/Event Manager reserves the right to reject any incomplete application.
2. Accreditation Procedures:
i. An auto-generated email acknowledgement will be sent to applicants upon submission of the online accreditation form.
ii. Each application will take up to 5 working days to process.
iii. All successful applicants will be issued an email confirmation with accompanying terms and conditions. If an applicant does not receive an email 5 working days after registration, he/she is requested to contact the contacts stated below.
iv. If the representative(s) is (are) not able to attend the event, the Organizer/Event Manager must be notified as early as possible. Failure to inform the Organizer/Event Manager of non-attendance may result in future accreditation requests being refused.
v. If any change of representative(s) is (are) to be made, please notify the Organizer/Event Manager as soon as possible. Any name changes after the stipulated deadline of 30 June 2017 may be rejected.
Details for the collection of media passes are as follows:
Date: 4 – 7 July 2017
Time: 0900hrs – 1700hrs
Venue: Media Registration Booth at Level 3, Suntec Convention and Exhibition Center
The representative(s) must produce the email confirmation as well as two copies of his/her name cards when collecting the media pass at the event. No media pass will be issued without proper documentation.
i. Accreditation does not guarantee journalists and photographers access to all media events / press conferences. Journalists and photographers should refer to the press kit for more details.
ii. The media pass is non-transferable. It may only be used by the person whose name and publication name appear on the pass.
5. Media Center:
i. There will be a Media Center, with free Internet access.
ii. Limited workstations will be available on a first-come-first-served basis to the media in the Media Center.
iii. A confirmed schedule of events will be available in the press kit, which will be provided to all accredited journalists.
6. Note to Photographers:
There will not be a photo studio or technical assistance lab in the Media Center.
7. Note to Broadcasters:
There will not be an International Broadcast Center at INTERPOL World 2017.
8. Videography and Photography Guidelines
Please also take note of the following Videography and Photography Guidelines here.
9. For further queries, please contact:
Ms Shuchi JOSEPH
Ms HAN Jia Ni